Creating an escape plan is not only smart, it’s fun!
Join us as we walk through the steps to creating a fire escape plan. This activity is fun for the whole family as you search your home to identify needed on the map. It doesn’t take long or many supplies, but the time you spend could save your life.
The steps to create a fire escape plan are simple:
1. Draw a map of your home. You can use a large piece of paper or this grid.
2. Visit each room and find two ways out.
3. Make sure your home has working smoke alarms and mark their locations.
4. Choose a meeting place outside, in front of your home, where everyone will meet in case of a fire.
5. PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE!!!